Re: Toolkit Selection

   Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:20:48 +0200 (MET DST)
   From: Jan Jona Javorsek <jan.javorsek@guest.arnes.si>

   When I started the "toolkit" discussion I was not trying to start any kind
   of religious war: I don't have any beliefs in this field. I have been
   using different tool kits, mostly from perl, and noticed that that tk
   (from tcl/tk) was performing very slowly on my machine. I recognise its
   higher portability (Win and Mac, I beleive) and excellent canvas, but I
   have oftne used Sx and gtk to speed things up.

What's Sx?

   In fact, a general examination of available tool kits and their
   suitability for Xconq is a better result than anything I expected and I
   want to thank Mark Russell Anderson for moving this debate even further in
   this direction.

   The purpuse, in the end, is to make a wanderful game even better, not make
   one gui win over another.

Amen! -s