Xconq Snapshot 7.2.85 Now Available

In case you're wondering, there's going to be a 7.2.2, to fix the
X11 panner bug and assorted Mac crashes (thanks HR).  But mainline
development proceeds majestically on:

All sources:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7.2.85.tgz
C code etc:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7.2.85src.tgz
doc and lib:
        ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/xconq/Snapshots/xc7.2.85dlb.tgz

(No diffs, since this is a new line of snaps)

The main changes to this version are that all the different interfaces
now take exactly the same set of commands.  Some command functions are
also shared now, eventually nearly all will be common, which is best
for consistency, and will whack out about 4K lines of code.

The other change of interest is imftk.{c,tcl}.  This is my experiment
with using tcl/tk to build an imf browser.  It took about a day of
hacking, mostly to puzzle out the making of a custom widget for image
display (probably not necessary, but I wanted to see how hard it was
to do).  On Unix, go into the x11 objdir and do "make imftk", then
"imftk <foo>.imf" to see it in action.  It's far from complete! - but
so far I'm pleased with the results.  It looks like it will be
possible to use custom widgets for all optimized drawing, and make the
key code platform-specific, so as to exploit the strengths of each
platform, but have the basic interface code be common to all (or at
least Unix and Windows).