Re: Xconq Snapshot 7.2.85 Now Available

   From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@mailbox.difi.unipi.it>
   Date: 10 Jun 1998 10:04:36 +0200

   Let's not forget that for the x11 front-end the standard game images
   are really messed up.  Stan, can you help me troubleshoot?  Where do
   the fancy shaded images come from?  How do I pick the "silhouette"
   images (the "color" images are mostly invisible in unit lists)?

Silhouette vs color image is chosen by the third argument to
get_unit_type_images; in xinit.c, change the value in the one call
from "c" to "s".  I'm thinking of changing 7.2.2 similarly; in the Mac
this is a user preference, but there are some other problems with the
existing code and so I'm working on solving this in a new way for 7.3.

   > But mainline development proceeds majestically on:

   Does this mean that it's brainstorming time?

Yup!  Of course, the agenda of things to do is already pretty long!

   Can we agree on adopting Unicode + UTF-8 charset?
   Tcl/Tk 8.1 supports this, so we might have a system-independent
   solution to international character display.

I haven't finished studying the issues.  Perhaps I'm being stupid,
but I'm still not sure what actual changes need to be made.  I'd
also like to have a way to test this on my own machines, and don't
know how to get that set up...