Proposed GDL additions

To help with realism in a game I'm trying to design, I propose we add
two new properties to the Xconq 7 GDL:

Multi-part Units
----------------

To quote the designers' manual:

"Any unit whose 'parts-max' is greater than the default of 1 is a
multi-part unit, and its hp denotes size rather than amount of damage.
Armies and fleets are two kinds of units which can be usefully defined
as multi-part."

So I propose

UnitTypeProperty: damage-damage-effect INTERPOLATION-LIST
     This property is the effect of a unit's hp on its basic inflicted
     combat damage.  The input value is the unit's hp, while the
     output value is the multiplier to 'damage'.  This list does not
     extrapolate.  Defaults to '()'.

Since "damaged" armies are smaller they shouldn't move any slower, but
should be proportionally weaker in combat.

Supply Lines
------------

MaterialTypeProperty: needs-supply-lines T/F
     Materials with this property can only be transferred to unit U1
     if they are within MIN(in-length,out-length) 'supplied' cells of
     unit U2.  Cells are considered 'supplied' if they are owned by
     the side or a trusting side, or are in the zone of control (zoc)
     of a unit owned by the side or a trusting side.

Now we can cut supply lines to starve enemy armies!  Note that
zoc-into-terrain is useful to prevent supplies crossing sea, ice,
etc.

ttfn,
Keir

--
Keir E. Novik <ken21@cam.ac.uk, http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~ken21/>
Cavendish Laboratory (TCM), University of Cambridge, U.K.