Questions

So in the process of hacking on the new tcl/tk interface, some
questions came up:

1. Does anybody at all have monochrome screens anymore?  If not,
terrain display code could get much simpler.

2. For people who've used/seen both the Mac and the X11 interface, is
it better to have a big map window with lots of panes, or independent
special-purpose windows?

3. What are the interface features you particularly liked or disliked
about the Mac or the X11 interface?  For instance, I liked the "mouse
over" line in the Mac interface, and added it to the tcl/tk code.
What else should I be sure to add?  What's a loser that should go away?

(At present the tcl/tk interface is only for Unix and Windows; although
in theory it could be brought up on the Mac as well, it would be quite
a bit of additional work to catch up with Hans Ronne's Mac improvements)