Re: Xconq 7.2.2 Released

Well, if just downloaded Xconq 7.2.2 and since I hadn't played Xconq for nearly a year I decided to give it a shot. I still like the game. It looks good. The play options are reasonable, though a trifle confusing ( as always) and most of the scenarios are reasonable.

Some time ago I coded a modification to Gettysburg it got lost in the migration to my new machine. Looking at the options I decided to five Post Modern a shot. It looked good. The unit options seemed to be reasonable and looked to make for an interesting game. Now here's the rub. In a computer game the AI builds only Engineers. Nothing else. I played the game three times. Every time, only Engineers. I changed the difficulty giving the AI and advantage, only Engineers. I Increased the number of opponents, only engineers. I changed the map size, only Engineers.

I looked for a fix at the web site and didn't find any. Am I to assume that the AI is operating in failure mode in this scenario?

...rmk

At 23:29 -0700 06/30/98, Stan Shebs wrote:
>OK, I've just put out 7.2.2, in the usual place. For Unix, the only
>changes are panner fix, silhouette preference over color image, and
>FreeBSD config; for Mac there are a bunch of crash fixes. There are
>no kernel or library game changes. This is it for 7.2 patch levels!
>
>(The Mac binary archive will show up tomorrow, didn't get a chance
>to drag it in from home this morning...)
>
> Stan
Hamlet is the tragedy of tackling a
family problem too soon after college.
- Tom Masson (1866-1934)