Another Interface Question

Thanks all for the replies to my last queries - I will retain a monochrome
mode, and think about how to support both panes and multiple windows.

The next question is: does anybody actually use the highest power
(128x128) magnification at all?  There is a certain amount of machinery
(such as polygon drawing) that is designed to handle the largest
magnifications, but it can go away if nobody ever uses it.  The only
time I've ever zoomed that large is to see a city with many occupants,
but once you've zoomed in, you can't do much until you zoom out again,
which is just annoying.  I note that the commercial games never do
zooms that large.