Introduction and questions

Hello,

My name is Anthony and I've just joined this list.  I'm new to xconq
too, so please bear with me a bit while I get up to speed.  I'm still
having problems with playing the standard game, let alone trying to
program on it.

But programming is my intention.  I am an Amiga 4000 user at home and
I've played the version 5 port of the X11 version.  Since it has some
minor flaws and is out of date, I'd like to work on either porting the
X11 interface or creating an Amiga interface, depending on how
ambitious I get.  Unfortunately, this is all at a "National Guard"
level of effort.  I.e. one weekend a month.

Now prior to all that, I am trying to get familiar with the game by
playing both the curses and X11 interfaces on the Unix machines at
work.  (During lunch hour... in fact I'd better get this message off
and get back to work.)  I've run X11 version 7.1.0 on SunOS 4.1.4 and
now X11 and curses version 7.1.88 on Solaris 2.5.1.  I'm compiling
with gcc 2.7.0.

But I am having troubles which I can't track down.

1) Prefixes for producing units do not seem to work for the X11
   interface.  I always get "your city will produce 99 xxx."  This
   works as advertised in the curses interface.

   Prefixes for other comands, like taking materials, work in both.

2) In the curses interface, I can't seem to wake up any units.  Also
   <SPACE> puts units to sleep instead of simply skipping them for the
   turn.  But whether put to sleep with <SPACE> or 's', neither 'w'
   nor 'W' arouses them.

--
Anthony Veale' (303)492-0851 Pager:(303)441-0713   veale@casa.colorado.edu
Professional Research Assistant (System Manager Assistant)