Re: Hashtable

Arkady,

If you think the existing systemtap maps have too much overhead, we'd
welcome you to take a shot at reworking them. This could benefit all
systemtap users. We welcome all contributors. You and/or your employer
will need to be OK with you contributing code under the GPLv2 license.

Take the existing systemtap source code and start replacing the
existing map functionality with your improved map code. When redoing
code like this, you'd want to make sure the existing map tests have
the same results with your code as with the original code. We'd be
happy to consult with you along the way.

Let us know if you have questions or need pointers on where to look first.

--
David Smith
Principal Software Engineer