Re: context[2] stuck: (null)

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Arkady <arkady.miasnikov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Arkady <arkady.miasnikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Note that systemtap already has procfs 'probes', which create procfs files.
>>>

>> procfs API has limitations and inconveniences.
>>
>>> If we wanted to include this functionality with systemtap, we'd have
>>> to generalize this a bit and make it less domain specific. Can you
>>> think of a script language extension that would express what you are
>>> trying to do here?
>>>

>> I would like to have an Initialization probe which allows use of blocking APIs.
>
> .... for example probe begin_interruptable {}  and probe end_interruptable {}

I think you misunderstood me, probably because I didn't express myself
well. Let's try again.

If you wanted to include the functionality of the allocating the
shared memory to store data and retrieve it via sysfs and debugfs
files in systemtap, what would the user experience look like? Let's
say I'm in a syscall probe. How would I add something to the shared
memory? What would the sysfs/debugfs probe look like?

--
David Smith
Principal Software Engineer