Re: NULL pointer dereference when probing Java methods

Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp> writes:

> [...]
> I'm using java().class().method() syntax for retrieving "Hello" in this
> example. If future releases return something like "java.lang.String",
> [...]
> You are going to add follow-up patches for b82a3aa8376d92bb
> to allow retrieving "Hello" in this example, aren't you?

Yes; we're also considering switching java argument passing generally to
use .toString()-based stringification, so strings should print as
themselves and other objects will map to whatever their implementation
dictates.  If we represent numbers etc., all as strings, then at the
systemtap side we can have the $arg* parameters be all strings, so that
manual user_string($argN) calls wouldn't be be necessary.  What do you
think?