Re: SystemTap + Android | Compiling Script | ERROR

On 10/25/2016 11:44 AM, ayush goel wrote:
> I’ve been trying to compile stap scripts so that I can run them on my
> android. I’ve installed system tap on my linux system, android ndk and
> the systemtap android application on my android device. However the
> script compilation process is continuously running into error.
> I’ve tried the following things:

... stuff deleted ...

> However the above command fails, with the very first error being
> "#error "DebugFS is required and was not found in the kernel.”
> I’m assuming I have to recompile my kernel source with some kind of
> DEBUGFS flag enabled.
>
> However I’m not really sure how to do that.
> Any kind of help or comprehensive steps to compile stap scripts so
> that I can run them my android device would be sincerely appreciated.

OK, I've never run systemtap on Android, so I won't be much help there.
As far as DebugFS being required, the flag you are looking for is
CONFIG_DEBUG_FS.

As far as running systemtap on Android, have you looked at the following
link?

<https://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/SystemTapOnAndroidARM>

It was updated fairly recently.

--