Re: [HELP] Systemtap fails to load kernel module

Hi -

shuxinyang.oss wrote:

> [...]  The problem and the only problem is that the merged resulting
> file is suspicious as the sample-count seems to be significantly
> less than the one we collected using non-bulk mode. [..]

You're right, that is suspicous.  It may help to note that the I/O
mode (bulk vs. normal) in no way affects the probe placement &
execution, so there is no adjustment of the data gathering side that
should have an effect.  Maybe it's another subtler buffer-exhaustion.

(If you're using a single bound-CPU process, then bulk mode probably
wouldn't have any advantage over the normal mode anyways.)