Re: testsuite: about classifying the cases in systemtap.base

On 11/07/2015 02:33 AM, David Smith wrote:
On 11/06/2015 07:45 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

Hi -

I noticed that there are more than 200 cases in systemtap.base.
And most of them can be classified easily.
I'm going to make sub-directories in systemtap.base.

(One would do this more by making new sibling subdirectories
beside rather than within systemtap.base)

But I'm not sure whether it is worth to be done.

What value do you see to such a change?

It will make different cases be better understood and distinguished.

I see some value in such a change, but I think the biggest disadvantage
to such a change is that comparing test results between releases becomes
quite difficult if the testsuite is rearranged.

At the current point, I think the disadvantages outweighs the advantages.

I was just confused of that. Thank you for your advice and I won't rearrange
the testsuite.

--
Thanks
Zhou