Re: SystemTap fails to find kernel tracepoints

On 12/08/2014 07:36 AM, KDr2 wrote:
> I got a problem with stap, would anyone help?
>
> OVERVIEW:
> 1) I use debian sid
> 2) All pkgs needed by stap are installed, stap-prep exit with code 0
> 3) kernel is compiled with tracepoints support
> 4) stap can probe kernel.function("*"), syscall.*, process("a.out").function
> 5) The problem:
>    stap can not probe kernel.trace("*")

... lots of useful debugging stuff deleted ...

Systemtap is probably having problems with finding the tracepoint
header files (which would be in kernel-devel on a fedora system).
However, before we go too far down that path, let's make sure your
kernel really has tracepoint support. Can you run the following as root
and make sure it outputs a list of tracepoints?

# perf list tracepoint

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com