Re: [RFC] Probes don't hit in an already running process

On 08/16/2014 03:51 PM, Torsten Polle wrote:
> it took me some time to check this issue in July and again some more time
> to write this mail.
>
> Finally, I found out that UTRACE_INTERUPT was not handled properly in
> utrace_resume. Before I wanted to get back to you, I double checked
> with the newest version only to find out that you had already fixed
> the problem with "Fixed PR17181 by making utrace handle interrupting
> processes better."

Thanks for checking. Yeah, PR17181 and PR17127 were quite difficult to
debug (which led to the fix that we reverted for PR17127). Having a good
testcase was *so* helpful it getting a good fix here.

I'm glad that fixed your issue too. Thanks again for retesting.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com