Re: What about MIPS support?

On 08/22/2012 01:04 PM, Victor Kamensky wrote:
> Hi Per, Josh,
>
> We (Cisco) have pretty much full systemtap MIPS port.
[...]
> We always meant to publish all of it, but never get our hands on it. I
> hope this thread would be final push :). We will do it. Unfortunately, I
> cannot publish our patch series right away. I need to get permission from
> our company legal. It should not be a problem, but it may take two or
> three weeks.

This is good news, and better that you're spurred now to share it. :)

> Our latest series of patches is based on systemtap-1.6. I'll see whether I
> can find time and move them to latest git ... In worst case scenario we
> just publish what we have.

IMO, it would be good to go ahead and post the 1.6 patches directly
after your legal clears it.  Then if you're willing and able to rebase
that onto the latest git, that's great, but we don't need to hold up
everything for that possibility.

Thanks,
Josh