Re: error: implicit declaration traceprobe_command_trace_probe

On 04/11/2012 04:23 PM, Negreanu Marius wrote:
> I'm getting this error on k3.0 + [1].
> grepping for "command_trace" didn't revealed anything.
> Is there a patch where I can find the implementation of
> "traceprobe_command_trace_probe" ?
>
> Thanks
>

> linux/kernel/trace/trace_kprobe.c: In function 'kprobe_trace_self_tests_init':
> linux/kernel/trace/trace_kprobe.c:1106: error: implicit declaration of
> function 'traceprobe_command_trace_probe'

Looks like that version of uprobes.patch makes some incorrect changes in
that area.  I think it should work fine if you disable the option
CONFIG_FTRACE_STARTUP_TEST, which is for diagnostics only.

> [1]:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/jistone/kernel-uprobes/fedora-15/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.40.4-6.uprobes2.fc15.src.rpm

In case you missed my previous note - please note that this version of
uprobes is obsolete.  Anton Arapov has newer builds here:
  http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/aarapov/kernel-uprobes/

I understand you may wish to stay on kernel 3.0, but please understand
that you'll be working with a version of uprobes that is quite probably
buggy.  You should have a better experience with the newer version.

Thanks,
Josh