This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug server/13662] New: assist in partial-avahi installation
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 20:44:01 +0000
- Subject: [Bug server/13662] New: assist in partial-avahi installation
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug #: 13662
Summary: assist in partial-avahi installation
Some networks eschew full avahi services that would let a client find a
server, for example if they are too far away on the network. Having an
avahi setup running on just the client subnet may be acceptable though.
For these cases, it would be nice if we could assist, with documentation
or with code, the simulated avahi registration of those servers.
Specifically, we should find out whether it may be possible for someone
on the client vlan to run avahi-publish* commands that would expose
the actual remote servers. Perhaps stap-serverd could even print such
instructions if it's started up without a local avahi service.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.