Re: Issues getting IO times using Schedtimes.stp example script

On 01/30/2012 03:13 PM, Sunny Fugate wrote:
> I'm having some difficulties in getting one of the examples scripts to
> run.  According to the documentation, the kernel.trace("sched_switch")
> probe should expose $prev, $next, and $rq.  I've played around with the
> stp script and on my system the $rq variable is never defined.

There used to be a rq parameter, but it was removed from the kernels
2.6.35+ by commit 27a9da65:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=27a9da6538ee18046d7bff8e36a9f783542c54c3

I don't know any other way off-hand to get at the runqueue -- it is held
very secretively in sched internals.

Josh