Re: automated way to find functions that we might want to blacklist

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:18:26PM -0600, David Smith wrote:
> A couple of these don't make any sense to me:
>
> > * hash_64
> > * hash_ptr
>
> There is nothing that those 2 functions do that can crash the kernel.
> Those functions (should be) always inlined.  I'd guess the problem isn't
> those two functions, but the function that is calling them.

Is there a way to blacklist a single place where one of these is
inlined? I don't think blacklisting the offending function where these
are inlined would prevent the crash with 'probe
kernel.function("hash_64") {}'. Or would it?

After some testing with 3.2.0 and .call, only these two functions have
caused crashes so far (in KVM):

* inat_get_opcode_attribute
* native_set_debugreg

The first of these is already included in the blacklist of systemtap
git HEAD, but the second one is new.

	Sami