Re: [Bug uprobes/13539] occasional oops, kernel SEGV, RHEL5, :uprobes:uprobe_free_process+0xba/0x131

On 01/06/2012 06:25 AM, Srikar Dronamraju wrote:

> While I still cannot see a reason how uprobe_{free,put}_process can
> race uprobe_report_{exit,exec}, I certainly think somebit of cleanup
> can be done.  However I am dont think we need to do a utask or uproc lookup
> from the table. Especially in case of callbacks.
>
> Mostly similar to what Jim proposed.
> I havent tested this patch myself and I couldnt reproduce the problem.

With your patch, I got the same stapio hang as I mentioned in comment #5
on the bug, but happened on the 3rd run of the unprivileged_myproc.exp
test case (it has happened on every run with the pr13539 branch code for
me).  So your code is a slight improvement.

That comment also describes my environment in duplicating the bug which
might help you.

--

David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com