Re: Met Problem on Enable SystemTap on Android

On 09/01/2011 09:31 AM, Turgis, Frederic wrote:
> Error messages were explicit enough, indicating -D was seen as a
> file. Not the first time people have issues with copy/paste (I the
> first because I was first to read when my colleague wrote the page).
> I think issue is still there because you can't simply erase -D and
> retype it, area is still in that Unicode.

It was seen as a file because getopt only looks for ascii '-' options.
Thus the –D looked like the first non-option argument, which we
interpret as the filename for your script.

I'm not sure what you mean by "issue is still there" -- in stap?
There's not much we could do, nor should do in my opinion.  It should
work just find to retype the -D, as even in Unicode the '-' on your
keyboard will yield U+002D (equivalent to ascii).  It's usually a
WYSIWYG-type editor that translates dash to em-dash, quotes to "smart"
quotes, '...' to ellipsis, etc.