Re: [ltt-dev] SystemTAP support in tracepoints

On 04/13/2011 09:58 AM, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> So we seem to have two choices here: either add a dependency on the
> package providing sdt.h in UST, or copy sdt.h into UST (it's public
> domain, so the licensing permits it).

A third choice is to make it a soft dependency, and leave it to the
application's build system to decide whether to enable SDT.  I would
assume that UST consumers will already do some check to see if they have
UST available, and they can do the same for SDT.  That can be signaled
to you either by some define (UST_ENABLE_SDT), or even just require the
app to #include sdt.h themselves before UST, so you can just check
#ifdef STAP_PROBEV.

Josh