Re: different result on cross-compile on fc12 and fc13

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:28:02AM +0800, Zhiwei Ying wrote:
> I have a develop board, which runs linux 2.6.35. The board is
> connected to a fedora 12. I cross-compile the systemtap script to
> generate trace.ko, and copy the trace.ko to run the instrumented code
> on the board.
>
> If I compiled the trace.ko on fc13, then everything is fine. The trace
> log is generated correctly. But if I compiled the trace.ko on fc12,
> whatever I use the stap on fc12 or compile a systemtap 1.4 myself, I
> cannot see correct trace log on the board after running. The trace.ko
> cannot generate any log from application, but only able to trace
> probe.end.
>
> I didn't see any compile error msg on fc12 system.
>
> Any idea to solve this problem. I cannot drop fc12 now and don't want
> to use another fc13 to compile the script.

I would rebuild both the working and non-working versions of the module
with -vvvvv and try to find any difference in there. Failing that, I
would look at differences in the modules themselves (maybe with objdump
and diff) then try to figure out where it comes from.

A more detailed description of what (doesn't) work(s) would also help.