Re: Status of ARM user-space support?

>          >  *** Update 4/24/09: arm work finished by Roland. (posted to
>          >  lkml?) Christoph pinged the mips maintainer, no reply seen.
>
>          The arm work was posted upstream on 4/24, but there have been
>          no replies from ARM folks. [...]

This refers to the work I did, which is only user_regset, tracehook, and
asm/syscall.h cleanups for ARM.  None of that went in, though not for any
particular reason.  Since then someone did something about asm/syscall.h
IIRC, but nobody has ever paid enough attention to merge the user_regset
and tracehook work I did.  That stuff is internal kernel cleanups that
don't by itself give you any exciting new features (only some core-dump
support for the arcane register flavors that lacked them).

I have never done any work related to ARM support for instruction-copying
breakpoint insertion, which is the crux of kprobes and uprobes.  I'm not
aware of what others may have done in those areas.

Thanks,
Roland