Re: Hints for cross-compiling staprun?

On 08/30/2010 03:56 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:

... stuff deleted ...

> The other problem is that the sources use a number of non-standard
> APIs without checking to see if they are, in fact, supported by the
> build environment.  The ones that I tripped over are:
>
>    index,rindex   obsolete and not present in POSIX.1-2008.

These should be updated - I'll fix them.

>    __progname     doesn't seem to be part of any standard, and isn't
>                   present in any headers on any Linux system I've got.

Hmm, I don't see this identifier anywhere in the current source.  Where
did you see it?

>    wordexp        actually, I think this one is in POSIX.1-2008 -- it
>                   just wasn't enabled in my build of libc.

According to the wordexp man page, this conforms to POSIX.1-2001.

I believe if you had specified '--disable-server' (which you'd probably
want to do anyway), we wouldn't have used 'wordexp'.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com