Re: draft release notes

On 12/21/2009 11:12 AM, David Smith wrote:
> Here are some draft release notes for the next systemtap release. Please
> review them and let me know if you have suggestions for improvement or
> if you see anything I've left out.

I think someone mentioned on IRC, but this is missing Contributors and
Tested Kernels.

> = SystemTap tapset changes
>
> - ftrace(msg:string) tapset function to send strings to the system-wide
>   ftrace ring-buffer (if any).

We had a lot of tapset additions -- briefly:

- Additional scsi probepoints
- Additional memory probepoints for kernel allocation and freeing.
- Additional ioblock and ioscheduler probepoints.
- Additional scheduler probepoints
- New IRQ and workqueue probepoints.
- New TTY probepoints.

- New task_time tapset to query time usage.
- New proc_mem tapset to query memory usage.

These could all probably use fuller descriptions, or maybe just point to
the documentation...

Josh