Trying to acquire global lock from systemtap module

Hi,

In my probe handler, I want to scan the task list using for_each_process(p).
For this I need to hold a read_lock on tasklist_lock.

tasklist_lock is a global data structure of type rwlock_t, and I am setting the probe on copy_process (from kernel/fork.c where tasklist_lock is defined)
But I am not able to dereference this address. Also when I do a read_lock(&tasklist_lock), i get following error while inserting module.

Error inserting module 'module_name.ko' : Unknown symbol in module

And dmesg tells me that the unknown symbol is 'tasklist_lock'

Any pointers?

Cheers,
Anupama