Re: [RFC][ PATCH -tip v2 0/7] kprobes: Kprobes jump optimization support

* Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@redhat.com> wrote:

> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > * Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> o Usage
> >>  Set CONFIG_OPTPROBES=y when building a kernel, then all *probes will be
> >> optimized if possible.
> >
> > Should be default-y if KPROBES is enabled. I.e. we really only want
> > to disable it to debug potential issues.
>
> Sure, thanks!

Plus i'd suggest a runtime control (a sysctl) as well - if it's not
too intrusive. Since this is an optional speedup feature, distros
can have this enabled and if there's some problem with it then it
can still be disabled in sysctl.conf, without having to rebuild the
kernel.

	Ingo