Re: Systemtap testsuite report for arm architecture (snapshot 20080405)

Hi Frank,
Sorry for the very long delay on answering this mail! I'll try my best
to answer the questions you made below:

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@redhat.com> wrote:
> "Roberto Santos" <roberto.santos@openbossa.org> writes:
>
>> Sorry for the long email content...
>
> No problem.
>
>> There are many tcl errors that we are working trying to fix them,
>> Any comments are welcome!!!
>
> Those pty-related dejagnu errors seem to preclude meaningful results.
> I wonder if changing a few of the testsuite/*/*.exp files' lines that
> say
>        wait
>       catch { close }; wait
> might make a difference.

Yes! That makes a big difference! Maemo devices (770, N8x0, etc) have
limited resources so normally some tests takes longer time to execute
than usual (that also explains some timeout errors encountered).

>> # of expected passes        161
>> # of unexpected failures    8
>> # of untested testcases        18
>
> (On the bright side, even 161 passes indicates that things are
> generally working, and that probably it's just the test suite
> framework that has problems on your machine.)

Yes, you are right. Normally, maemo comes with tiny (busybox) versions
of many programs that are used by some tests. Sometimes these programs
aren't installed by default (dejagnu, expect, tcl, tk). On our tests
we needed to update/install some of these programs in order to
minimize the number of errors during the test-suite, but there are
still other pieces of software that we need to check on the device in
order to make systemtap test-suite fully coverable.

>> Running /media/mmc2/systemtap-20080405/testsuite/systemtap.base/beginenderror.exp
>> FAIL: beginenderror (timeout)
>> FAIL: beginenderror (0 0 0)
>
> The matching piece of the testsuite/systemtap.log file may help with this.

Matching systemtap.log thread:

Running /mnt/stap/testsuite/systemtap.base/beginenderror.exp ...
FAIL: beginenderror (timeout)
FAIL: beginenderror (0 0 0)
testcase /mnt/stap/testsuite/systemtap.base/beginenderror.exp
completed in 37 seconds

I've tried to run beginenderror.stp alone and systemtap reported no
problems. I think this is related to the time used by the device in
order to complete the task, usually longer than expected, and thus
giving timeout.

>> Running /media/mmc2/systemtap-20080405/testsuite/systemtap.base/not.exp ...
>> Running /media/mmc2/systemtap-20080405/testsuite/systemtap.base/onoffprobe.exp
>> ERROR: tcl error sourcing
>> /media/mmc2/systemtap-20080405/testsuite/systemtap.base/onoffprobe.exp.
>> ERROR: couldn't write file "/proc/systemtap/onoffprobe/switch": no such file or directory
>
> Is "/proc" available & mounted on your machine?

Yes.

> - FChE

[]s!

--
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
Mobile Linux Software (MLS) / Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia (INdT)