Re: Systemtap .sum vs .log

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 05:58:02PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > When e.g. the staprun executable is not setuid root (or equiv
> > privs), some tests print out an ERROR about this, [...]  actually
> > reported as XFAIL.  [...]
>
> This should be a rare if any case.  The only time when this setuid
> business is tested is for pass-5 tests run by "make installcheck".
> There are not many (if any) xfail pass-5 tests.

Actually, a plain 'make check' resulted in exactly this case last night.
One of the tests that triggered it was:

	parseko/cmdline09.stp

The test triggers an error (because staprun isn't setuid), yet it reports
XFAIL as result (because the test case expects a failure - just not this
one).  This of course means the test case is faulty, but I would never have
found it without access to the .log output.  Based on the .sum file, this is
simply an expected failure (and thus per today's conf call, a success).

	Cheers,
	Kris