Re: [Bug kprobes/4748] Kprobes marked EXPERIMENTAL

> i'm tempted to submit a patch that removes the top-level EXPERIMENTAL
> dependency from the Instrumentation menu in all those Kconfig files.
> if something is truly experimental, it makes more sense that it be
> tagged that way individually on a feature-by-feature basis.
>
> want me to do that as a starting point?

I agree that the tag needs to be granular. On the kprobes front, we need
to take a call on an arch basis. I'd say, based on testing over the past
couple of years, the EXPERIMENTAL tag can be removed from i386, x86_64,
powerpc and IA64.

Arch maintainers of sparc64, avr32 and s390 need to take a similar call.

Ananth