Availability of Build and Test System

In the hope that the Sytemtap team finds this useful,
Wenji and Kris have added Systemtap to the projects that are tested nightly on
some machines we have here at Oracle. The results are published on this website:
http://build.alchar.org/~aedil/rep/

As you can see right now we are testing F7 and FC6.
(BTW the builds on FC6 i386 are failing).
We are also collecting gcov data nightly.

Anybody can contribute to the tests by running some simple scripts on their machines,
and the results will be uploaded and displayed on the above web page.
You can read instructions on how to do that, and also about the overall architecture
of the build system here: http://build.alchar.org/~aedil/

Note that the current website is temporary while we get a more official site
from Oracle. The scripts will also be available shortly on an external cvs repo.

In addition to Systemtap the system has been testing Frysk as well, and for that project
a nightly summary is posted here: http://sourceware.org/ml/frysk-testresults/2007-q2/
Similar reports can be generated for Systemtap and mailed to the mailing list.

Kris is the author and maintainer of the build/test system and is looking for ideas for improvement,
and comments, and of course, most of all, contributions of testruns. He will be happy
to discuss more details about the system, and answer questions.

elena