Re: Linux kernel marker questions

Mike Mason wrote:
David Smith wrote:
Mike Mason wrote:
Should this work yet?

Yes it should work - depending on which version of Mathieu's patches you've got. I've bet we've got differing versions if you are getting the "bad __markers_string section" message. I've been using the version of Mathieu's patches that Andrew Morton has. I can send you a copy of the patches I've been using if you'd like.

I'm using a version of the Andrew's patches, but perhaps not the latest. Please send me what you're using.

I'll send you the patches I've been using.

BTW, what data can be accessed in a SystemTap marker probe handler? Can it access the data defined by the marker or any local or global variables?

You'll only be able to access the data defined by the marker using "$argN" (where "N" is 1 through the number of arguments).

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com