Re: Getting at parameters on kernel.inline probes?

"Alan D. Brunelle" <Alan.Brunelle@hp.com> writes:

> I'm looking into a quick blktrace -> SystemTAP set of functions, and
> ran into a problem right at the start:
> // static inline void blk_add_trace_rq(struct request_queue *q,
> //                                     struct request *rq,
> //                                     u32 what)
> probe kernel.inline("blk_add_trace_rq") {
> [...]

We know of some problems with inline functions and argument
resolution, specifically with respect to debug information quality.
Some of these have been improved with later versions of gcc.  Until
your situation gets fully diagnosed, a workaround may be to modify
blktrace to take away the inline declaration and probe kernel.function
instead.

> % stap -vg stap_bt.stp

BTW, there is no need for -g for this script.