Re: [Fwd: Fw: [Fwd: [Fastboot] [RFC]Explanation of Partial dump 3 (analyzingkernel debug information)]]

Vara forwarded:

> [...]  SystemTAP also uses libdwarf and I think SystemTAP is being
> shipped with RHEL5. So I hope libdwarf package should already be in.

It's a different libdwarf.  The one you are referring to is from
http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea/dwarf.html; the one we use is a
reimplementation within a larger library called elfutils.

> (Assuming that systemtap folks have created a separate package and
> have not encapsulated the library in system package and linked to it
> statically).

As it turns out, we use a bundled elfutils for older RHEL builds
and an unbundled (system) elfutils for Fedora builds of systemtap.