Re: updated bootprobe

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
Hi all,

Dan Berrange's bootprobe script provides a nice example of systemtap use
that Dan has kindly agreed can be used in examples, training materials etc.

I've made a slightly modified version to add a GPL header (with Dan's
permission!) and update the probepoints to use the new tapsets.

If anyone has any comments/corrections for this version, I'd be very
happy to receive them.

The original, along with the perl post-processing scripts are still
available here:

http://people.redhat.com/berrange/systemtap/bootprobe/

Thanks,

Bryn.
Hy Bryn,

This looks like a systemcall and fork/exec trace. Wouldn't it make sense to use the tracing facility already available in SystemTap and porting the Perl post-processing script to use that instead of rolling your own trace format? I would love to have post-processing scripts that do the same thing for the SystemTap trace facility.

Please take a look at "man lket"

Here is the an example of a script that should be able to gather the information needed for generating the data that your post-processing creates.

#! stap
process_snapshot() {}
addevent.tskdispatch.cpuidle {}
addevent.process {}
addevent.syscall.entry { printf ("%4b", $flags) }
addevent.syscall.exit {}
addevent.tskdispatch.cpuidle {}

-JRS