Re: stap make all check test failures

Kevin Feliksa <feliksa@us.ibm.com> writes:

> I found 4 of 211 tests fail during the "make all check"  testing phase of
> a SystemTap build from source.   Failing tests are:
> .... /buildok/process_test.stp
> .... /buildok/sched_test.stp
> .... /buildok/scsi.stp
> .... /buildok/seven.stp
> [...]

The tapset-related tests should be made more conditionalized so that
they succeed on machines e.g. without scsi.

In general, we need to improve the quality of the test suite.  We put
up with too many known failures, too much rigidity.  The tests should
pass on any supported platform, except where an actual bug is to be
inferred.

Perhaps it would help if the "make check" suite was converted to
dejagnu.  (Separely, I plan to pull over the "pass-5" test suite from
/tests/testsuite over into /src/testsuite also, though of course not
activated automatically with a "make check".)