Java VM support in SystemTap

Hi all,

Inspired by the SUN DTrace ability to provide insight information about running java applications we think it makes sense to add this ability to the SystemTap as well. Basically we need a framework which allows investigation of the behavior of underlying operating system combined with the insight information about running Java applications. This can assist in identifying the underlying cause of a performance or functional problem. SystemTap simplify gathering of information about Linux kernel and it is possible to add support of the user applications. An attached document describes our vision on how Java VM support could be integrated into the SystemTap.

Your comments are welcome.

Thanks,
  Oleg