Re: SystemTap GUI

Eugene,

Ryan and I looked into the error and I was able to reproduce it when I removed
the TreeSettings.xml file from our workspace folder. That file is used to store
the probe tree's data. Our guess is that for some reason you do not have
permissions to write to this location, which led to a null probe tree, which
led to functions attempting to access non-existant data. We patched the app so
that it no longer crashes but rather disables code completion if a null tree is
detected and this will be included in the next tarball (Friday).

We have a question for you though. When the tree is first populated, the GUI
takes roughly 1.5 minutes to load as opposed to the 7 second typical launch. Is
your app loading quickly each time or does it take the minute and a half?

Thanks a lot for testing it out and providing feedback. Hopefully more on the
team will be able to as well as time permits.

Jeff