Re: Repost: Inaccurate function parameter location in debug info with gcc 3.x and 4.0

We have come across some bugs in gcc's DWARF generation in the course of
systemtap development.  We mostly pay attention to the current compiler
versions (now gcc 4.1), but we have also had some fixes backported to the
3.4-based version used in RHEL4.  Frank might have a list of the gcc or
redhat bugzilla items reported about these things.  I don't have one off
hand.  To figure out if your issues are affected by those changes, you
might try a gcc build from the sources in this branch:
svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/redhat/gcc-3_4-branch

I'm not sure that anyone working on systemtap is using kernels built with
gcc 3 any longer, except for RHEL4 kernels, which are built with a compiler
from this branch.

Thanks,
Roland