Re: 02-16-2006 meeting minutes

Hien Nguyen :

RHEL4 U3 -
Frank wanted kprobes to have three states - 1) no kprobe.
2) kprobes registered, but not running
3) kprobes is running.
So there will be a switch in systemtap to turn on/off kprobe/running_of_kprobe on the fly?

Technologu Preview?- When will systemtap ready for production environment? (not a Technology Preview) Frank said that when it's stable and safe. To reach that state we need to do more stress testing, benchmarking etc...
We are doing some testing of LKET on ppc64, one of them is the stress testing. We mainly will run some benchmark tools(specjbb, dbench, sdet etc) with using Systemtap probing the system at the same time. So we can figure out the stability of systemtap in a heavy loaded environment.