Re: array sorting checked in

[snip]

> That is incorrect.  If you think about it, you'll see that maintaining
> a sorted array (i.e., at each insert/delete operation) is just about
> as costly as sorting it once at the end.  I have no idea what you mean
> by "accuracy" being a factor either way.

example you are monitoring a kprobe that fires repeatedly while the
array is being sorted, if you are holding a lock on the array sure you
might block out the first firing of the probe, what happens if it
happens again? or is the system going spin waiting for the lock to be
released or are you going to drop the data from that probe that just
fired?

James