safety question: locks

A question occurred to me reviewing the latest draft of the OLS paper:

Given that the language system automatically inserts locks to protect
global data, how do we gain confidence that a translated script can't
deadlock or have other sorts of locking problems? Is it enough to
assume that the elaborator and translator are bug-free?
Or does it also depend on the script? Can we make the language
system simple enough that we can be reasonably confident the lock
related code is bug free?

Brad