From: systemtap-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:systemtap-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Vara Prasad
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 7:12 AM
To: Jim Keniston
Cc: Frank Ch. Eigler; SystemTAP
Subject: Re: variables in scopes

Jim Keniston wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 15:58, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

>& lvalue
>* pointer

I definitely think we will be heading in the wrong direction if we let
systemtap scripts use full blown "C" pointers directly. It is o.k to let

them traverse datastructures using -> and . constructs but not full
blown pointers. In my view allowing full pointers is asking for disaster

in terms of the safety of the code.