RE: what is a tapset? [RE: Skeleton detailed design document]

> Remember my references to a "script library"?  Would such a library of
> scripts, each of might define a higher-level probing interface, be
> sufficiently separate from end-user probe scripts for your taste?
I must confess, I've looked over your posts on "script library"
(such as 31 March 2005 - "tapsets, Was Re; architecture paper draft")
but I still haven't been able to identify the part where the script
library author has different language facilities than the the script
author, such that the script library author can define a new tapset
and the script author cannot. This could just be that I haven't caught
up with you on the language design yet. It might also be that we don't
want to immitate this particular DTrace restriction on script authors.

I would agree that we should be in a better position to make a good
decision when we have more working code. I think one alternative to
the script library is fairly clear; tapset definitions in C.

Brad