Re: safety paper - please send feedback!

Hi -

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 02:17:08PM -0800, Chen, Brad wrote:
> [...]
> Getting a language specification would be an interesting
> next step. Am I remembering correctly that Frank started
> a grammar?

The outer grammar has three top-level constructs ("function",
"global", "probe"), as demonstrated by the testsuite/{parseok,semok}
files.  The inner grammar (what can show in the body of a function or
probe) is lifted straight from awk, except for constructs that appear
tricky to parse as is (implicit string concatenation, the infix "in"
operator).  Most of the basic language is already parsed: the src/TODO
file lists some missing bits.