Re: how to add component in SID

Hi -

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 11:37:51PM -0700, budi ono wrote:

> I would like to add some component in SID (example: virtual LCD).

Great.  You may find the hw-lcd-* and hw-visual-lcd components useful
as a reference (if not outright duplicative).

> can I do that?  is there any documentation about that?

There is some documentation in the source tree (src/sid/doc), and lots
of sample working components.  This includes ones written in native
C++, for which you need to #include "sidcomp.h" and build in an
abi-compatible way.  Adding a new sibling directory under
sid/components/ by cloning/renaming a previous small one is a good way
to start.

Also, some components are written in tcl/tk (which are bridged
transparently into the system), and for them you just install a
suitably named source file under ../share/sidcomp.

- FChE