This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the SID project.
Re: Building SID
- From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Ambrus <ambrmi09 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: sid at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:50:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Building SID
- References: <20070303011808.GC18185@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070303143422.GD18185@redhat.com> <email@example.com> <20070303144102.GF18185@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070303163018.GG18185@redhat.com> <email@example.com> <20070305173328.GA8990@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 11:09:09PM +0100, Michael Ambrus wrote:
> As far as I know there isn't any kernel that can do what TinKer does -
> the one that comes closest is RTEMS. [...]
Check out eCos if you haven't already.
> [...] Reading various ELF specs is tremendously boring (especially
> those written by Sun or Motorola), but I found the works of this
> great author that is both fun reading and a great inspiration. If
> you enjoy good reading and a few laughs: http://www.iecc.com/linker/
'tis a great little book - bought a copy right after it came out.